A new Up2Date is available for Sophos UTM. Release 9.104 fixes some bugs and increases the stability of your UTM 9 installation. While you will get considerably more detailed information from our Wireless Protection we also changed behavior for the RED/VPN notifications. We have also improved the performance for DNS lookups in our Web Filter. Read on to see the whole list of changes.
Sophos UTM 9.104-17
- Bugfix Release
- Fixed: Several issues with RED and Wifi stability
- Fixed: Several issues with Web Protection reporting
- Fixed: Several issues with IPv6 Prefix Delegation
- Fixed: Missing entries in the Japanese Localization
- Added: Button to reset UTM ID to be able to use Endpoint Protection on cloned machines
- Changed: RED/VPN up/down notifications are disabled by default
- Changed: Show more detail information in Wireless Protection
- Changed: Improve DNS lookup performance in Web Filter
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be upgraded
- Connected REDs will perform firmware upgrade
- Connected Wifi APs will perform firmware upgrade
- 22750 Swapon failed for explicit UUID
- 25742 ha: disabling virtual_mac for ha did not result in different mac addresses on master/slave
- 25766 RED 50 connection is permanently dropped after HA takeover
- 25916 SUM can’t set Web Filter URL Blacklist and URL Whitelist
- 26002 Web Application Security: .docx files broken after upload and download
- 26052 Performance problem in MiddleWare when generating SSL VPN configuration with many networks and users
- 26066 Show Frequency Band in the info of the Wireless Networks
- 26119 Wifi [ASG]: MAC Filter Whitelist not working
- 26452 Web Security reporting does not work correctly
- 26613 Since update to v9.101 inodes are filling up the slave node root partition
- 27481: Permanent openvpn daemon restarts after installing UTM 9.104 soft release
- 27495: CVE-2013-4854: A specially crafted query can cause BIND to terminate abnormally [9.1]
While you do not need to manually download Up2Date packages (they will automatically download and prepare themselves for you to install), for manual application of Up2Dates or for UTM installations without Internet connections, you can retrieve them using the link below.
Download Link*: ftp://ftp.astaro.com/UTM/v9/up2date/u2d-sys-9.103005-104017.tgz.gpg
MD5 Sum: 68b7707c1f39388839a81c24a12efa18
*Note that the Up2date package file names now include the source version TO the target version (above is 9.103-5 to 9.104-17).
Up2Date Installation: Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Sophos UTM to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
1. Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
2. Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the UTM V9 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using to help us (and everyone helping you). e.g. “[9.104] Enabling RED up/down notifications”.
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are free to use our new demo server environment without hassle, nags, or registration. Enjoy!
Senior Product Manager