We have released UTM 9.102. This Up2Date targets a specfic security fix for IPv6 and should be applied with high priority at your convenience. We also have addressed an issue in the HTTP proxy which could cause high CPU usage on some installations. As this is a fast-release to address a security issue, some of the fixes that may have been previously communicated to you as targeted for 9.102 will now be addressed in 9.103 which remains on track for release shortly. (Simply a naming/version bump.) Details for UTM 9.102 can be found by reading on.
Sophos UTM v. 9.102-8
- Bugfix Release
- Fix memory leak in IPv6 kernel code that could be abused for remote DoS
- System will be rebooted
- 26192 Since 9.101 Web Filter uses excessive amounts of CPU
While you do not need to manually download Up2Date packages (they will automatically download and prepare themselves for you to install), for manual application of Up2Dates or for UTM installations without Internet connections, you can retrieve them using the link below.
Up2date Link: ftp://ftp.astaro.de/UTM/v9/up2date/u2d-sys-9.101011-102008.tgz.gpg
Up2Date MD5Sum: 7a6e09ca779b080ef1e8d3ce76235771
Up2Date Size: ~28.5 MB
*Note that the Up2date package file names now include the source version TO the target version (above is 9.101-11 to 9.102-8).
Up2Date Installation: Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Sophos UTM to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
1. Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
2. Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the UTM V9 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using to help us (and everyone helping you). e.g. “[9.102] Configuring RED & Wireless with UTM in Amazon Cloud”.
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- You are free to use our new demo server environment without hassle, nags, or registration. Enjoy!