Up2Date 9.006 is now available. In this update we have included a number of fixes and improvements. The two main areas of focus are around increasing the quality and strength of the wireless signal on AP10 access points for our global install base, while we have also addressed memory consumption and optimized memory usage in the system overall. Particular effort has been focused on WebAdmin usage when the UTM dashboard is open/viewed for extended periods (hours+) and around Web Protection performance. For best performance and stabilty of your UTM 9 installation you should install this Up2Date at your earliest convenience. The release details are found by reading on…enjoy!
Here are the download details for UTM 9.006:
Sophos UTM 9.006005 Up2Date Information
-System will be rebooted
-Configuration will be upgraded
–NOTE: Connected WiFi APs will perform firmware upgrade after installation!
–NOTE: Connected RED devices will perform firmware upgrade installation!
 Long webadmin sessions on the webadmin dashboard causes memory leak
 WiFi [AP10]: Signal strength of the AP10 is stronger in V8 as in V9 with 100% TX-Power
 Hide ha_sync user in Last WebAdmin sessions
 OSPF: Can’t enable ‘Interface Link Detection’
 RED [RED10r2]: Split-Tunneling via UMTS is not working
 RED [RED10]: static IP address assignment does not work together with transparent/split mode
*Note that the Up2date package file names now include the source version to the target version (above is 9.005015 to 9.006005).
Up2Date Installation: Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Sophos UTM to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the UTM V9 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using to help us (and everyone helping you). e.g. “[9.006] Configuring RED with UTM in Amazon Cloud”.
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are free to use our new demo server environment without hassle, nags, or registration. Enjoy!
-Your friendly neighbourhood Product Ninja,