We are pleased to announce Astaro Security Client V8.2
This new release includes the following new features:
Enhanced Personal Firewall capabilities:
- advanced options to configure stateful packet inspection rules for individual applications
- all firewall mechanisms are optimized for Remote Access applications and are activated when the computer is started
- Personal Firewall is activated as soon as the computer starts
Automatic Hotspot Logon
- automatically detects hotspot websites in a public WLAN area
- dynamically releases the ports for http or https for hotspot logon or logoff
- prohibits client from direct communication to the Internet bypassing the VPN tunnel
Import of Configuration Data from ASL
- Profile settings created by Astaro Security Linux can be exported from the gateway (starting with Release 5.203) and imported directly into the Astaro Secure Client
Support of compression type Deflate
- compression type Deflate can now be used in conjunction with ASL to speed up data transfer
Automatic detection of familiar and unfamiliar networks
- different firewall rule sets can be deployed and activated automatically for each type of network
The new release of Astaro Secure Client is available immediately. Customers currently using Astaro Secure Client 8.1x can upgrade to the new release free of charge.
Use MyAstaro for Downloads and Licenses.
You can get to MyAstaro three ways:
- Go directly to MyAstaro
- From the Astaro web site (astaro.com or astaro.de) click the link in the upper left of that says "Log in" or the tab in the upper right corner that says "MyAstaro"
- Click on any link on the Astaro Registration Portal
If you want an evaluation copy of Astaro Secure Client, go to MyAstaro and complete a short form to create a MyAstaro account. You will then be taken to a screen where you can download a 30-day evaluation version of Astaro Secure Client.
For more information please visit our website