We are pleased to announce that a new Up2Date package is available for Sophos UTM.
This update introduces several bug fixes and also introduces enhancements for WAF and SSL VPN.
Please read on to see the full details of this release.
Sophos UTM 9.204
- Bugfix Release
- Enhancement: WAF: Allow to configure connection timeout per backend
- Enhancement: WAF: Add “id” field to log lines
- Enhancement: SSL VPN: Log traffic volume on connection close
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be upgraded
- Connected Wifi APs will perform firmware upgrade
- Connected RED devices will perform firmware upgrade
- 22468 HTML5 iptables rule doesn’t match for IPSec-routed hosts
- 24091 RED [RED10, RED50]: prevent RED50 from being deployed as RED10 and vice versa
- 24679 Rescan for Virus when releasing Quarantine Message
- 28973 [ALPHA] SPX: Attachment names character encoding error during PDF generation
- 29252 [BETA] Improve logging of SPX encryption
- 29446 [BETA] DLP: inconsistent dlp action identifier
- 30320 WiFi: Client list lacks some data for clients not seen for a long time
- 30640 Messages with reason “sender_blacklist” cannot be written to quarantine
- 31131 UTM525r5 declared as software after copper module replacement [9.2]
- 31174 Google Play store downloads should bypass the download patience page
- 31357 [SR] IPS Rule Age not available for Subnodes
- 31518 [9.2] Regression from V8: Recipient Verification against AD not working with LDAP-SSL
- 31536 If a Endpoint client with WebControl is behind a UTM it doesnt belong to or is no UTM managed Endpoint at all surfing gets slow
- 31560 NTP for offline provisioned REDs
- 31568 Winbind failed to accept socket – Too many open files [9.2]
- 31578 Avira Scanner can not scan pop3 mail, Error index out of bound [9.2]
- 31599 coredump of vpn-reporter due to not parsing the username correctly
- 31608 Websec reporting didn’t work correctly after update to v9.201
- 31671 changing time steps of individual OTP tokens results in authentication failure
- 31691 Support IP address for SMC-Server
- 31696 Kernel panic after adding new Access Point
- 31750 Upload of exe files via waf results in segmentation fault of reverseproxy
- 31785 netselector does not write server sorted correctly
- 31792 selfmon too agressive about ctasd_inbound_mem_usage counter and ctasd_inbound_mem_usage counter
- 31837 kernel NULL pointer deref at nf_nat_setup_info+0x299/0x61f [nf_nat]
- 31878 Default exception for chrome updater/installer [9.2]
- 31889 Reduce exceptions for Firefox Update [9.2]
- 32010 Packetfilter rules are not visible in webadmin when IE is used and version 9.202 is installed
- 32067 Workaround for software updates/ downloads via download manager
- 32364 WAF could stop working: A workaround is described in the following knowledgebase article: Workaround: WAF is not working correctly because of Common Threats Filter
Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Sophos UTM to the latest version.
There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the “Watch Up2Date Progress in new window” and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the UTM V9 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using to help us (and everyone helping you).
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- You are free to use our new demo server environment without hassle, nags, or registration. Enjoy!
Senior Product Manager