We have just uploaded released UTM 9.004. This main reason for this release is to support our new UTM 100 product and its associated licensing, and we’ll also take the opportunity to increase the stability of UTM 9 by quashing a few bugs, notably a pesky one with IOS6 and the Cisco VPN client which we support. IOS6 should again work with your UTM VPN configurations. Further, the SSL VPN client now works with Windows 8. You will need to re-install your SSL VPN client on Windows 8 via the UserPortal after updating to 9.004. More news around UTM 100 is inside…read on!
A bit about UTM 100 for you:
Here are the download details for UTM 9.004
Sophos UTM 9.003-15/16 Up2Date Information
- Support for UTM100 licenses
- Fix: issues with Endpoint Protection on HA/Cluster systems
- Fix: WebAdmin login problems when using French as language
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be upgraded
-  Filtering in web security reporting didn’t work correctly with IE for the 2nd and more customized filter.
-  Problem with double encoding in ssl vpn remote access client part
-  SSL VPN Client doesn’t work correctly on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
-  Access Points section is completely missing in spanish Webadmin
-  Cisco VPN not working with iOS6
-  Heap-based buffer overflow in exim (CVE-2012-5671)
-  Issues with Live Connect Service in HA Environment
-  XSS through the WebAdmin login screen and “Last Webadmin Sessions”(v9)
Up2Date Installation: Sophos Up2Date technology makes it easy to upgrade your Sophos UTM to the latest version. There are two ways to apply an already-downloaded Up2Date package to the system:
- Log on to WebAdmin, navigate to Management >> Up2Date >> Overview and use Update to latest version now to install the Firmware Up2Date. Click on the "Watch Up2Date Progress in new window" and an extra browser window will show the progress of the Up2Date installation. (The System administrator will receive a notification email once the Up2Date process has finished.)
- Download the Up2Date package from our HTTP or FTP Server and install it under Management >> Up2Date >> Advanced:
|Sophos UTM Up2Date FTP Mirrors:|
- If you want to provide feedback or want to discuss any of the UTM V9 features you should post it on our User Bulletin Board. Please indicate the version you are using to help us (and everyone helping you). e.g. "[9.004] SSL VPN with Windows 8".
- If you have any feedback on our help, manual, or any documentation (Online Help) please send it to email@example.com.
- You are free to use our new demo server environment without hassle, nags, or registration. Enjoy!
-Angelo Comazzetto, Sophos